There are alot of people in my life that inspire me and I'm sure I'll write about them sometime...but I have to mention two people that inspired me to start my blog. The first would be Toni Chase. Yes, the writer of The Chase Gang, I mentioned her in my first blog. She have a very cute, fun blog. But she also has a quote that I love. The quote is by Gordon B. Hinckley, President of the LDS, although I'm not Mormon...it doesn't matter everyone has experiences. Toni says she blogs because of this quote and I have to agree with her...it inspired me.
Gordon B. Hinckley -"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience."
The second person that inspired me was Kelly Corrigan author of The Middle Place & Lift. My friend, Megan gave me her first book to read...a memoir of her fight against cancer. Of course, I loved it because she is a cancer survivor like me! But more importantly I connected with her. Her book although sometimes sad was funny...I laughed and laughed at her stories. I mean there are alot of people that have or have had cancer so I know it wasn't just about that...it was more the way she writes like she speaks, her honesty and bluntness about life.
My friend Cathy asked me to join her at a reading of Kelly's new book Lift. She brought the book over to me so I could read it before we went to listen to Kelly. It's written as a letter to her children. What a great idea! It was filled with childhood stories and motherhood experiences. Every parent wants their kids to have "a decent childhood, more good memories than bad, some values, a sense of a tribe, a run at happiness." she says. So since I'm not a writer and haven't written a book, yet...my blog inspiration came from Toni & Kelly. Thank You both! Julie on Jokake's blog...something my kids, family, friends and even myself can look at all my experiences and grow and share.
Transcending: Words on Women and Strength by Kelly Corrigan
1 year ago




2 comments:
You are going a great job! Keep it up. And YOU are MY inspiration. Love you!
Post a Comment