Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm Finally Here...

So this is my first blog...for me it's like Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" or Neil Armstongs Walk On The Moon. Bottom line, it's an HISTORIC MOMENT FOR ME. I'm not that computer savvy and my blog sight isn't very cute like Toni Waite Chase's (TheChaseGang) but I'm Finally Here......

Now the real question I ask myself is why? I'm not sure. I love to look at my friends pictures, sometimes all the cute home decorating ideas, the vacations I dream about. I'm a facebook junkie. I enjoy seeing what's going on in my friends worlds. I hate talking on the phone and love that I don't have to now. I have a lot on my mind. I'm pretty sure I have ADD. I also have OCD, according to Doug. The stuff I think about is mostly stupid stuff, stuff I find funny, current event stuff, kid stuff, parent stuff and believe it or not "grown-up" stuff. I'm finally 40, guess that's the magic number according to some of my older friends, I'm officially grown-up. So you'll see on here whatever is going on in my life at the moment.

I don't know how long I'll do this. I might hate it. It might be my next favorite thing after tennis, drinking and you know...other "grown-up" stuff. I'll have to see. You can expect about anything from me. Hopefully it'll be appropriate for my kids to see.

I'm just happy, I'm Finally Here....

7 comments:

C said...

great start- that's the hard part all done! now........give me more! xxo

Jody Pacheco-Murchland said...

You did it...way to go Julie! Can't wait to read more. The cute stuff can come later!

Hunter & I are getting ready for our "Julie" run this morning! This is his first 5K so we may be a little slower (although it's the cause we are doing it for not the speed)!

ksandler said...

I'm so proud of you, all that you are, and all that you give to those around you. I'm eager to read more posts! These may be the "stepping stones" for your book!

Unknown said...

Nice job!

justamy13 said...

Yeah! Good Job! I have a few favorite blogs that I follow and I've become very attached, if you can say that, to these people and their lives. I have a blog but it is blank sooooo ciongrats and get writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni said...

Way to go Julie!!! I love it! On my blog, there is a quote that says "You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." THIS IS WHY I BLOG! I love it!! You will find it to be cathartic, in a way. I would love to see you write about your battles. You are such an inspiration and I know you story can help others!!

If you have any questions, email them to me. I can help you do all sorts of things to beautify your blog! Although, to be honest, I love the clean and simple look. Like the blog called "Life" that you have read before. Simple. I love it.

Another place get some tips is on Clover Lane. On the right side, she has links to her favorite posts. Look up how to do blog headers on Picassa. Very very cute. Also, on my blog, on the upper left had side there is a link to a site where you can get free backgrounds. Very easy to do and it's all explained there.

Keep up the good work my friend! I'm adding to my blog roll!!

hendywow said...

Hooray! My new BFF! I am soo glad that you are blogging! It's fun, just don't feel pressure to post, enjoy it!
You are a doll!